The BO3 Cup Preliminary Details:
- Sunday February 28, 2021
- Sunday March 28, 2021
- Sunday April 25, 2021
- Sunday May 30, 2021
- Sunday June 27, 2021
- Sunday July 25, 2021
- Sunday August 29, 2021
Format: Standard Constructed 128 player cap free
This is a free event where anyone can join and will be held on the last weekend of every month. I will be promoting a different LGS each month.
The top 4 players from every BO3 Preliminary will be awarded a BO3 Cup Qualifier invite, on May 2nd, 2021.
If a player in the top 4 has already qualified in a previous BO3 Cup Preliminary event, the qualification spot will go to the player eliminated in the semi-finals of the top 4 with the highest rankings after the final swiss round.
The BO3 Cup Qualifier Details:
- Sunday May, 2, 2021
- Sunday September 5, 2021
Format: Standard Constructed 16 player cap by invite only
The top 4 players of each BO3 Preliminary will be awarded a BO3 Cup Qualifier invite. This event will only happen 2 times this year.
The top 8 players from each BO3 Qualifier will be awarded a BO3 Cup Finals invite, on September 12, 2021.
If a player in the top 8 has already qualified in a previous BO3 Cup Preliminary event, the qualification spot will go to the player eliminated in the semi-finals of the top 8 with the highest rankings after the final swiss round.
BO3 Cup Finals Details:
Date: Sunday September 12, 2021
Format: Standard and Historic Constructed 24 player cap by invite only
5 modified Swiss rounds, alternating formats as follows:
- Rounds 1-2: Standard Constructed
- Round 3-5: Historic Constructed
- Top 8: Standard Constructed
- Sunday February 28, 2021
- Must check-in by 11:55am EDT
- First round begins at 12:00pm EDT
- Format: Standard, Best of 3
- Open decklists
- Swiss + cut to Top 4
- MTG Arena direct challenge, "TOURNAMENT MATCH" challenge option
- Top 4 will use modified play/draw rules. The player with the higher standing after swiss rounds will be given the choice to play or draw. Players will communicate this choice with their opponent, then play a "TOURNAMENT MATCH" direct challenge where the player who wins the coin toss makes the appropriate selection.
- Coverage will be streamed over on my Twitch channel, please follow. There's a bouns prize if you do! See "Prizes" for all the information.
- Please join my discord server HERE.
- The discord channel can be used for event questions if you want a quick response.
- Discord will be used for organizing feature matches. Joining my server is required to participate in the event.
- Gaming Kingdom is the LGS that I've chosen to promote for this event. They are also joining me and have added $30 in store credit to the Top 4 Prizing.
- Discord will be used for all feature matches, please join my server HERE.
- If you are selected for a feature match, you will be notified through MTGMelee and will not have the ability to see your opponent's screen name, requiring you to reach out to me through Discord From there I will give you instructions on which coverage room to join so you may start your match. Please monitor communications between rounds in case you are selected.
- If you are streaming the event and are selected for a feature match, please send me the link to your Twitch channel, so your stream isn't interupted.
- Watch this VIDEO to learn what is expected of you if you're selected for a feature match.
- Decklists must be uploaded by 12:00pm(EDT) on October 25th, failure to do so will result in you being dropped from the tournament.
- Decklists must be Standard legal.
- Submit you decklist via the "Player Controller" page.
- All decklists will be public during the event.
How-to Start a Tournament Match
For this tournament you MUST USE the Standard Tournament Match feature. Follow these instructions in order:
- Click the double-swords icon in the top-right corner of the Arena client.
- Click the right-arrow to toggle to “Standard Tournament Match”
- Type your Opponent’s Arena username into the Opponent box. Keep in mind that usernames are CaSe SenSITive.
- Click the “+” picture and choose your deck. You are responsible for making sure you choose the deck you submitted to the MTGMelee site.
- Click the “Play” button.
Playing Your Matches
Everything happens in your "Player Controller" page.
Pairings will be announced in the form of a notification, voice notification, SMS notification (if you activate it in your profile settings) and your player controller page will display your pairing in the "Current Pairing" section.
- Please watch this VIDEO on how to use MTG Melee so you know what is required of you each round.
- Players have 10 minutes to check-in and start their matches each round. If a player hasn't communicated to their opponent or to the TO after the 10 minutes is up they will be dropped. Each round will begin when all matches from the previous round have been reported. This may occur sooner than expected so please check the round status and/or let the TO know if you plan to step away.
- Players should be aware of known issues in MTG Arena
- There will be no match resets due to connection issues/bugs/crashes. If you cannot complete your match because of a technical issue on your end the match will be awarded to your opponent. We want to be fair to all players and ensure the tournament moves along at a good pace.
- Please take a screenshot after each win to avoid any disputes over match results.
Intentional draws are not allowed.
- Registration closes 5 minutes before the event begins.
- All players MUST check-in at any time before 12:00 PM EDT
- Round 1: 12:00 PM EDT
- Number of rounds based on number of players, it will be announced before Round 1
- Top 4 cut: after swiss rounds.
Gaming Kingdom is joining me and have added $30 in store credit to the Top 4 Prizing:
Gaming Kingdom store credit is valid for Canadian residents only. International winners will be shipped equivalent value in their choice of singles from here.
- To be eligible to get the bonus, you must be a follower to my channel BEFORE the tournament starts.
Players that reach the Playoffs will get a bouns $5 Gaming Kingdom Store Credit or 1 x Current Set Draft Booster Pack will be added to their prize. To be eligible to get the bonus, players need to follow my Twitch channel before the start of Round 1.
If you are streaming the event on Twitch please link your twitch account to mtgmelee.com and stream the event with "The Jank Games Championship" in your stream title from Round 1 until they are eliminated. Please also have Store past broadcasts turned on.
- Winners must provide the following contact infomation to recieve prizing:
- Full name legal name
- Correct mailing address format for your area
- Email address