- Formt: Standard
- 4 swiss rounds
- Decklists: Required; will be visible to opponents
- Entry: FREE, Sign Up Here (Must be a registered member of Judge Academy)
The Magic Arena Judge League is designed to be a casual event. The Digital IPG, on the other hand, was designed with the Players Tour and other highly competitive events in mind. Therefore, while the remedies for problems listed in it may still be used when appropriate, this tournament will not be using the penalties listed in the Digital IPG to enforce policy.
The Digital Magic Tournament Rules will be used with the following exceptions:
- Sec 2.4: Players may not mutually agree to draw games or matches.
- Sec 5: We are not using the digital IPG, but players will still be disqualified for cheating, bribery, etc.
- Digital door prizes given away randomly.
- Match points from your best result in a weekend count toward the Judge Academy Series Leaderboard for your region. At the end of the season, the top 8 point leaders who are eligible for the July Judge Academy mailing will recieve a small gift in their mailing and the top 4 of those players will be eligible to play against each other in a special event to be on the next Flash Feedback token. The current leaderboard can be found here, and will be updated on the Monday following the event.
Registration closes at 11:30 AM (1130) PDT (UTC - 7).
- Create an account on MTGMelee.com
- Join the Judge Academy Discord if you are not already a member (This is where we'll be for questions/door prizes/announcements)
- Fill out this form
- Check in and submit your decklist using the "Player controller" on this page at least 15 minutes before the event.
Prior to the event:
- Submit a decklist. Your decklist must match the deck you are playing exactly, and be listed with an appropriate archetype (don't call your aggro deck "UW Control").
- Check in to the event at least 15 minutes early (so we can help with technical problems). players who haven't both checked in and submitted a deck list will be dropped before the first round is paired.
During the Event:
- All players have 5 minutes to check in or challenge each other. If you will be delayed, reach out to the Head Judge via Discord or using Melee's built-in system. If you're having trouble reaching your opponent or they are indicating they are delayed, reach out to the event staff immediately.
- Rounds will be subject to the in-game timer in MTG Arena. Rounds are scheduled to begin 1 hour after the previous round's pairing announcement. If all players are finished early, the the next round will start early; however, players who fail to challenge opponents in the time allowed will not be dropped from the event until at least the scheduled start time.
- You must confirm your match result each round in MTGMelee.
How-to Start a Tournament Match:
For this tournament you must use the Tournament Match feature. Follow these instructions in order:
- Click the double-swords icon in the top-right corner of the Arena client.
- Click the right-arrow to toggle to “Tournament Match”
- Type your Opponent’s Arena username into the Opponent box. Keep in mind that usernames are Case Sensitive.
- Click the “+” picture and choose your deck.
- Click the “Play” button.