How it works
The Calling is a two day tournament where players compete for their share of $20,000, Pro Tour Invites (PTI), and Random Gold Cold Foil Legendary Cards.
SCG CON The Calling Fabled Package Items
- Cold Foil Dash (Young Hero) Promo
SCG CON The Calling Event Structure
Participants on Day One will play rounds of Swiss based on attendance. All players with 2 or less losses, or the Top 64 (up to 512 players) or 72 (513 players) will advance to Day Two. Day Two will be 5 rounds of Swiss followed by a cut to a Top 8 Single Elimination Playoffs.
- Registration for all events at SCG CON will close 10 minutes prior to each event.
- Players who enter the event after the event has begun will be enrolled with a Loss for their first round.
- Players must have their GEM ID in their Melee.gg profile in order to enroll.
- Deck lists will be submitted digitally via the form found here or on paper at the start of Round One.
- Deck lists that are not submitted on time will be subject to Tardiness penalties.
If paper printouts are made for this tournament, players' names will display as their real names regardless of their profile settings.
To unenroll after you must contact the organizer.
All SCG CON tournaments will be run according to the Tournament Rules for their respective game systems:
Flesh and Blood Tournament Rules
- Pairings for SCG CON Flesh and Blood events will be available in your Profile on the Flesh and Blood offical website.
- It is each Player's sole responsibility to find their pairings and report to their matches for the beginning of each round of their events.
- Round length will be determined by event type for every event at SCG CON.
- It is the responsibility of the winner of any given match to ensure that the result is reported and recorded correctly. However if either player notices a discrepancy between the actual result of the match, and the reported match result, they must bring the error to the attention of a tournament official immediately.
- Players must have accounts in good standing with MTG Melee, Legend Story Studios, and Star City Games.
- Players must not be currently suspended from participating in Flesh and Blood events and/or Star City Games events.
- Regional eligibility restrictions also apply, void where prohibited.
Registration closes at 9:50 am
- Round one (1) begins at 10:00 am on Saturday, February 4th, 2023
- Swiss rounds based on atendance:
- Up to 512 players - Seven (7) Rounds, All players at 5-2 or better (or Top 64) advance to Day Two
- 513 to 916 players - Eight (8) Rounds, All players at 6-2 or better (or Top 72) advance to Day Two
- 917+ players - Nine (9) Rounds, All players at 7-2 or better (or Top 72) advance to Day Two
- Round nine (9) begins at 9:00 am on Sunday, February 5th, 2023
- Five (5) rounds of Swiss
- Cut to a Top 8 Single Elminiation Playoff
The organizer has agreed to pay out prizes in 30 days or less.
Top 8 Prizes:
- Champion $7000 USD Gold Cold Foil Extended Art Crown of Providence + PTI
- Finalist $3000 USD Random drop Gold Cold Foil Legendary + PTI
- 3rd - 4th $1000 USD Random drop Gold Cold Foil Legendary + PTI
- 5th - 8th $800 USD Random drop Gold Cold Foil Legendary + PTI
- 9th - 32nd $200 USD
Top 8 finishers receive a PTI that can be redeemed for entry into any future professional Flesh and Blood event that requires an invitation (National Championships, any future Pro Tour or the World Championships)