Event Date: Saturday, March 19, 2022
Event Start Time: 11:00am Central
Registration Instructions & Requirements:
Registration closes 30 minutes prior to the event start time on the event date (unless the 256 player cap is reached first)
- Register for the Hooglandia Open on MTGMelee
- Subscribe to jeffhoogland on twitch.tv if you are not already a subscriber.
- Verify that your subscription runs through at least one day after the event date.
- Remember that Arena client usernames are CaSE SenSITive.
- For help using MTGMelee, click HERE
- Join the Hooglandia Discord server if you are not already a member and visit the #discordroles channel to add yourself to the OpenParticipant role for tournament updates.
- Joining the Hooglandia Discord server is a REQUIREMENT to participate in this tournament.
- Instructions for joining the Hooglandia Discord server can be found HERE.
- Submit your decklist at least 15 minutes prior to the event start time on the event date. We STRONGLY ENCOURAGE submitting your decklist as early as possible. We are not responsible for any technical difficulties with submitting your decklist and will NOT be available the day of the tournament to assist. You WILL BE DROPPED from the tournament if you do not have a decklist submitted by 15 minutes prior to the event start time on the event date.
- Byes will be assigned randomly until one undefeated player remains in the tournament. When a bye is needed and one undefeated player remains, the undefeated player receives the bye.
- 5 minutes late to a round/match is a game loss. 10 minutes late is a match loss.
- Players are required to share their Arena client window to Discord upon request using the “Go Live” feature (and are responsible for having hardware/internet capable of doing this) and failure to do so will result in being removed from the event regardless of record.
- The Discord server has a few open voice channels where you can practice/test “Go Live” at anytime, to ensure you know how to use this feature.
- The tournament organizers are not responsible for any technical difficulties you experience with your hardware, internet connection, or the Arena software.
- Register for the event at least 30 minutes prior to the event start time on the event date (NOTE: Registration will close early if the 256 player cap is reached)
- Join the Hooglandia Discord server (we suggest joining ASAP because we may not be available to troubleshoot the day of or day prior to the event)
- Submit your decklist on MTGMelee at least 15 minutes prior to the event start time on the event date. We STRONGLY ENCOURAGE submitting your decklist as early as possible. We are not responsible for any technical difficulties with submitting your decklist and will NOT be available the day of the tournament to assist. You WILL BE DROPPED from the tournament if you do not have a decklist submitted at least 15 minutes prior to the event start time on the event date.
- READ THE HOOGLANDIA OPEN ANNOUNCEMENTS CHANNEL IN THE HOOGLANDIA DISCORD SERVER. This channel is your source of information for the tournament. This tournament page may not be all-inclusive. Updates will be made using the Discord server. Please be sure you are following the conversation.
- If you have any questions, use the #ask-the-to channel in the Hooglandia Discord server. You can ping @TournamentOrganizer for urgent questions.
Tournament Day Rules and Responsibilities:
- Check-in to the MTGMelee tournament page at least 15 minutes prior to the event start time on the event date. We strongly encourage checking-in ASAP. Check-in begins 1 hour prior to the event start time on the event date.
- Round 1 of the tournament will begin promptly at the event start time.
- If you are not checked-in for the tournament, you will be dropped from the event automatically.
- Rounds will be subject to the Arena client in-game timer. Please begin each round promptly.
- You must check-in to your match on MTGMelee each round.
- Both players must confirm the match results on MTGMelee each round.
- Wait to begin your match each round until the 3 feature matches are selected. Feature matches will be announced in the Hooglandia Open announcements Discord channel. If you are NOT a feature match, you may begin playing immediately after the feature matches are selected.
- You may watch the live stream of the tournament while playing at twitch.tv/jeffhoogland, but are required to turn off the stream if you are a featured match.
- Stay active in the Discord server. If we need to contact you during the tournament, this will be the platform for communication.
How-to Start a Tournament Match:
For this tournament you MUST USE the Alchemy Tournament Match feature. Follow these instructions in order:
- Click the double-swords icon in the top-right corner of the Arena client.
- Click the right-arrow to toggle to “Alchemy Tournament Match”
- Type your Opponent’s Arena username into the Opponent box. Keep in mind that usernames are CaSe SenSITive.
- Click the “+” picture and choose your deck. You are responsible for making sure you choose the deck you submitted to the MTGMelee site.
- Click the “Play” button.
Feature Match Instructions:
Follow these instructions in order:
- Join the Hooglandia Open I'M A FEATURE voice chat in the Hooglandia Discord server
- The tournament organizer will then move you to a private Feature Match channel
- Once you are in a private Feature Match channel, click the “Go Live” button and choose your Arena client to share.
- The Tournament Organizer will make an announcement in the announcements channel when you may begin your match.
Hooglandia Discord Server:
- The Hooglandia Open Series has a special category of Discord Channels in the section called: HooglandiaOpenSeries
- All tournament participants should add themselves to the @OpenParticipant Discord role which we will use when making announcements to ping all participants instead of the 1200+ Discord server members. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING SURE YOU ARE IN THIS ROLE. To view your roles, click on your name or profile picture. If you are not in the “OpenParticipant” role, visit the #discordroles channel.
- Channel Descriptions:
- open-announcements: All announcements will be made here during and prior to the tournament. Only Tournament Staff have permissions to post in this channel.
- ask-the-to: If you have a tournament rule question, you can ask here. Ping @TournamentStaff for assistance.
- findopponent: You may use this channel to ping your opponent if you are having trouble connecting in the game client.
- open-general: Miscellaneous chat about the tournament.
- I'M A FEATURE: If you are a designated feature match (announced in the announcements channel at the start of each round), join this channel and the TO will move you to the appropriate private channel shortly.
- Feature1a-4b: Private feature match channels. Users cannot join these directly.
The organizer has agreed to pay out prizes in 7 days or less.
- 1st Place:
- SNC Championship Invitation
- Open Champion Discord Role
- $15 CoolStuffInc store credit per match win
- 2nd - 8th Place:
- April Qualifier Weekend Invitation
- $15 CoolStuffInc store credit per match win
- 9th Place and Below with at least 4 match wins:
- Door Prizes: CSI Store Credit and Arena Gem Codes
Prizes are distributed via Discord. If you are expecting a prize, please do not leave the Hooglandia Discord server until after you receive your prize. Prizes will be distributed within one week following the tournament.