How it Works
Play in SCG Tour Online Satellite tournaments to earn MTG Arena Qualifier Weekend invites as well as entry and byes to the $5k Strixhaven Championship Qualifier!
The $5K Strixhaven Championship Qualifier awards an invitation to the Strixhaven Championship to the winner as well as $5,000 in cash prizes, hundreds of thousands of MTG Arena gems, and MTG Arena Qualifier Weekend Invites to top finishing players!
- All players with Ten (10) or more SCG Tour Online Points are qualified for the SCG Tour Online Championship Qualifier.
- All players with Fifteen (15) or more SCG Tour Online Points receive a Round One bye in the SCG Tour Online Championship Qualifier.
- All players with Thirty (30) or more SCG Tour Online Points receive a Round Two bye in the SCG Tour Online Championship Qualifier.
- SCG Tour Online Points reset following each SCG Tour Online Championship Qualifier
- Qualified players will be preregistered.
- Players must confirm their registration.
- Players with a submitted decklist will be automatically checked in for the event.
- Players with one or more byes will be automatically checked in for the event.
SCG Tour Online $5K Strixhaven Championship Qualifier Event Structure:
- Modified Swiss rounds based on attendance and awarded byes.
- Players may have one or two byes in the Swiss rounds based on their performance in Satellite events.
- Players are eliminated from the event once they have three losses.
- Cut to Top 12 for a four-round playoff.
- The 1st - 4th ranked players at the end of the Swiss rounds will receive a bye in the first round of the playoff.
- Players must submit their decklist at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the event.
- Failure to submit a decklist on time will result in Tardiness penalties.
- SCG Tour Online events have open decklists.
- Each round, both players' decklists will be available for reference in the MTGMelee Player Controller.
For complete rules and frequently asked questions, please visit the SCG Tour Online Minisite
- Players are solely responsible for receiving their pairings and conducting their matches in a timely manner.
- Pairings will be announced through MTGMelee and in the tournament channel of the SCG Tour Online Discord.
- SMS pairings notification is available through MTG Melee for select countries. To set up, go to Settings>> Account enter your phone number and check the "Send SMS Pairings" box.
- Each round, your MTGMelee Player Controller will update to display your current pairing.
- Players are required to "Check-in" to every round. Simply click the green button to check-in to your match.
- Each round will be fifty (50) minutes including five (5) minutes to check-in and begin your match.
- Fifteen (15) minutes after round is paired, if a player has not communicated with their opponent or a tournament admin that player will lose the current round and be dropped from the event.
- Once you have received your pairing, use the Direct Challenge feature in MTG Arena (Crossed Swords in the top right) to challenge your opponent. Set up your match by selecting "Tournament Match", entering your opponent’s Direct Challenge ID (include the hashtag and five-digit number), and selecting the deck you've registered.
- Remember that MTG Arena user names are case sensitive.
- Match results should be entered in your Player Controller.
- At the conclusion of your match, it is recommended that you take a screen shot of your match result screen.
- If there are any discrepancies in the match results, an admin may ask you for this as proof of your result.
- There are no draws in SCG Tour Online events.
- SCG Tour Online Championship Qualifier tournaments are open to all qualified players eighteen (18) years of age and older.
- Players must have accounts in good standing on MTG Arena, MTG Melee and Star City Games.
- Players must not be currently suspended from participating in/on tabletop Magic: The Gathering events, SCG Tour Online events and/or tabletop SCG Tour event
- Regional eligibility restrictions also apply, void where prohibited.
- Players are fully and solely responsible for the presence and stability of an internet connection as well as for the stability of the system running MTG Arena.
- Any types of connection issue, bugs, anything related to your game crashing/not functioning properly is the sole responsibility of the player and will not result in restarting the match.
- Players should be aware of known issues in MTG Arena.
- Players are expected to have joined, and to be active on, the SCG Tour Online Discord during SCG Tour $5K Championship Qualifiers.
- If you have a question, please use the "Contact Tournament Staff" feature in the MTGMelee Player Controller and a member of our team will be happy to assist you.
- 1st: $1,500 USD and an invitation to compete in the Strixhaven Championship
- 2nd: $1,000 USD and an invitation to compete in the following month’s MTG Arena Qualifier Weekend
- Top 4: $500 USD and an invitation to compete in the following month’s MTG Arena Qualifier Weekend
- Top 8: $250 USD and an invitation to compete in the following month’s MTG Arena Qualifier Weekend
- Top 12: $125 USD and an invitation to compete in the following month’s MTG Arena Qualifier Weekend
All players who finish with a record of X-2, but do not finish in the Top 12, will receive 10,000 MTG Arena gems and an invitation to compete in the following month’s MTG Arena Qualifier Weekend.