How it works
The Modern $20K event is an open entry two day event where players can participate for their share of a $20,000 prize pool.
SCG CON Modern $20K Event Structure
Participants on Day One will play 7 rounds of Swiss. All participants with 15 or more match points will advance to Day Two. Day Two will be 5 rounds of Swiss followed by a cut to a Top 12 Single Elimination Playoffs.
- Registration for all events at SCG CON will close 10 minutes prior to each event.
- Players who enter after the tournemant has begun will be enrolled with a loss for their first round.
- Players must have their Wizards Account Email in their Melee.gg profile in order to enroll.
- Decklists must be submitted through the Player Controller on Melee.gg.
- Decklists are due prior to the start of the first round of the event.
- Failure to submit a decklist on time will result in Tardiness penalties.
If paper printouts are made for this tournament, players' names will display as their real names regardless of their profile settings.
To unenroll after you must contact the organizer.
All SCG CON tournaments will be run according to the Tournament Rules for their respective game systems:
Magic: the Gathering Tournament Rules
- Pairings for the Modern $20K events will be available in the Melee.gg Player Controller and on Paper in the event hall.
- It is each player's sole responsibility to find their pairings and report to their matches for the beginning of each round of their events.
- Round length will be determined by event type for every event at SCG CON.
- It is the responsibility of the winner of any given match to ensure that the result is reported and recorded correctly.
- If either player notices a discrepancy between the result of the match and the reported match result, they must bring the error to the attention of a tournament official immediately.
- Players must have accounts in good standing on MTG Melee and Star City Games.
- Players must not be currently suspended from participating in/on tabletop Magic: The Gathering events, SCG Tour Online events and/or tabletop Star City Games events.
- Regional eligibility restrictions also apply, void where prohibited.
Registration closes at 12:50 pm on Friday, September 2nd.
- Round one (1) begins at 1:00 pm on Friday, September 2nd.
- 7 rounds of Swiss
- All players with 15 or more match points will advance to Day Two.
- Round nine (9) begins at 9:00 am on Saturday, September 3rd
- 5 rounds of Swiss
- Cut to a Top 12 Single Elminiation Playoff
- 1st-4th ranked players after Swiss will recieve a bye in the Top 12 Playoff
The organizer has agreed to pay out prizes in 30 days or less.
$20,000 Prize Pool
- 1st: $3,000.00, Qualification for the Regional Championship at DreamHack Atlanta on Nov 18-20, 2022.
- 2nd: $2,000.00, Qualification for the Regional Championship at DreamHack Atlanta on Nov 18-20, 2022.
- 3rd – 4th: $1,500.00, Qualification for the Regional Championship at DreamHack Atlanta on Nov 18-20, 2022.
- 5th – 8th: $1,000.00
- 9th – 12th: $700.00
- 13th - 16th: $500.00
- 17th – 32nd: $200.00
In order to receive cash prizes from a Star City Games event, players must have a current, signed, and dated tax form on file with Star City Games. If you have not submitted a tax form with up to date information to Star City Games, or are unsure about the status of your tax form, please check in with us at the event to fill one out.